Getting older could mean more wisdom, but also back pain. Lack of exercise and excess weight can also be two of the risk factors for backache. Psychological conditions and physical diseases also come with sore backs. Not to forget, improper lifting and pregnancy could as well result in troubled backs. All these influences on back pain, how come there won’t be any key to avoid straining your back?
You sit on a chair in an upright position for too long or lay your head on the arm of a sofa – your back is bound to suffer either way. Researchers say that a 135-degree reclining position is best suited for the spine because then, there is no pressure on it in any way. Put your feet up on the footrest, dive into the feelings of coziness, and let recliners soothe your back pain in a way that’s effortless!
Table of Contents
- 1 Best Recliners For Back Pain With Great Lumbar Support
- 1.1 Irene House Dual OKIN Motor Recliner – Best With Power Lift Technology
- 1.2 Mcombo Electric Power Lift Recliner 7040 – Best For Short People Under 5’9″
- 1.3 Signature Design by Ashley Power Lift Recliner – Best For Tall People
- 1.4 Baby Relax Recliner – Best Recliner For Bad Back
- 1.5 Relaxzen Longstreet Rocker Recliner (60-701008M) – Best Recliner For Lower Back Pain
- 1.6 CANMOV Leather Recliner – Best Lumbar Support Recliner
- 2 Buyer’s Guide
Best Recliners For Back Pain With Great Lumbar Support
We used 37 different Top Rated Recliners for Back Pain and assembled 6 best out of them in a list for you! After all, recliners do make life a little easier, no? Read these detailed reviews of their specs, features, and performance.
Irene House Dual OKIN Motor Recliner – Best With Power Lift Technology
Our Rating: 9.9/10
This store specifically works so that people could shop quality recliners, and only recliners, to benefit when it comes to back pain in the aging stage.
- OKIN motors are used in medical equipment, adjustable beds and lift chairs, etc. This lift chair has two OKIN motors, each for the backrest and the footrest. People can adjust these two, individually, with the help of a controller.
- Got someone with back or leg problems in the house who needs some assistance standing up? Worry no more! This Power Lift recliner comes to the rescue with its ability to get pushed up for such circumstances.
- It holds the power to recline itself till 180 degrees. Stretch and relax, sleep or take a quick power nap, this is a good sleeping chair for back pain.
- This recliner is made by keeping in mind the weight of 300 lbs. There is a metal frame and dense padding to safeguard its long life.
- There is pillow support on the lumbar area in order to take care of the waist.
- Two extra rear wheels are there to move it with ease.
- Accessibility of side pockets is presented to us for our ease. This way, small items, and TV remotes will have fewer chances of getting lost, especially when there are kids in the home.
- Ah, the warranty! 1-year warranty on electric components is there whereas a 2-year warranty is on the upholstery. On the other hand, the wood frame and reclining mechanism have 3 years of warranty on them.
- There is a free Customer Support to guide about comprehensive system solutions that can be contacted through email in case of queries.
- Power Lift Mechanism
- Comes with a noiseless dual OKIN motor
- Facility to adjust backrest and footrest independently
- Sturdy material to hold a heavyweight person
- Lumbar Support
- With Warranty
- No Cup Holder
Mcombo Electric Power Lift Recliner 7040 – Best For Short People Under 5’9″
Our Rating: 9.8/10
Mcombo is a furniture store that brings into this world all kinds of recliners. Those recliners come with their own purposes and their own specific characteristics. Recliners for back pain, too, are there. So we picked out the one that was the best fit.
- The power lift mechanism installed in this recliner makes it capable to lift itself up for the assistance of a person who finds it troublesome to stand up on his own. No additional pressure on the back and knees.
- Its Massage mechanism targets 8 areas of the body to provide soothing relief with the help of vibration.
- In addition to that, it has a lumbar heating point as well. No better way there is to guarantee backrest.
- Talk about the effort it takes to clean the faux leather upholstery. None! It does not absorb any water. Stains cannot make themselves a home on this recliner.
- Mcombo tried providing everything that they could, in this recliner. It has two USB charging ports for devices that require low power.
- Two side pockets are there to put small stuff and keep them within reach. And a cup holder on each side! This recliner has a full package for our ease. Put your cup in the holder and save yourself a little trip to the kitchen again and again.
- Even if you are petite or short, this recliner will not disappoint you because it is a small recliner with good back support.
- And One more thing we liked about this is Mcombo has this return policy on all its lift recliners. If there is any defect or damage within the first thirty days of the purchase, Mcombo will take the responsibility for the shipping cost to return and replace.
- Mcombo offers personalized service on recliner’s size, color, style, or material according to your wishes, for you to avail.
- Power Lift Assistance
- Heat & Massage
- Powered Reclining
- Easy to clean
- Dual USB charging ports
- Pocket on each side
- Two cup holders
- 30-day Return policy
- Not Suited for Tall People with height more than 5’9″
Signature Design by Ashley Power Lift Recliner – Best For Tall People
Our Rating: 9.7/10
Every kind of furniture that gangs up together, to make a house look like a home, could be found in this Ashley Store. Since recliners contribute to home décor, they are also a part of Ashley’s furniture family.
- This is yet another recliner that has a power lift and dual motors, each for the back and legs, to support them. You just have to press a button and leave the rest to this recliner.
- Apart from taking care of the back pain, Ashley Store also focused on the overall comfort for its customers. It arranged for headrest, wider seat, thick cushions, and sturdy structure in the recliner.
- Colors play a significant role in the aesthetics of anything. This recliner comes in only two colors that enhance its classiness – in black, like the color of the night sky, and in the brownish shade, like the color of a typical saddle.
- It is very generous in size and reclines to the fullest extent to 180 degrees as if a person is lying on a regular bed. Not only that, it is very generous in providing comfort as well.
- Even if you are tall, like 6’4, this recliner is for you too. Even if you weigh more, like 370 lbs, this recliner can handle that like a pro too.
- Now here is the real deal! Out of all the recliners, this one has the most warranty on it – 5 years, whoa!
- Power Lift Assistance
- Back reclines and footrest elevates independently
- Can easily accommodate a tall or heavy person
- Its footrest stops elevating after around 70 degrees; does not go till 90
Baby Relax Recliner – Best Recliner For Bad Back
Our Rating: 9.6/10
Although Baby Relax makes the kind of furniture that one can place in a kid’s bedroom, if the furniture can come with multipurpose use, then it is a bonus too! Put this recliner in your nursery to snuggle your kid or put it in your living room to relax yourself a bit, it is all up to you!
- This recliner is upholstered with linen, and with microfiber, both of which feel so soft. They are considered favorable material for a sofa and are pretty easy to clean as well. Comfort is what people need when they buy a recliner, and this recliner just seems like the one to provide it!
- Its stuffed back is more of a square in shape, and it has buttons tufted in it to strengthen its upholstery.
- Its seat has resilient pocket springs, which means that people who vary in weight can sit on this recliner, and this will not even make much difference to the shape of its supportive seat.
- It has a ball-bearing Swivel Glider mechanism that helps it revolve and move efficiently. In a world where there are recliners without this mechanism, having it sounds like a perk.
- Customers have a choice in the color they want their recliner to be in. The variety of colors for this recliner varies from dark blue, grey, mocha, to white.
- To top it all, the company is also granting a 1-year limited warranty on this product of theirs! Not a bad deal, right?
- Offers lumbar support
- Provides footrest
- Seating consists of pocket coil springs that can bear heavyweight
- Ball-bearing mechanism helps with the rotating and smooth gliding
- Easy assembling
- Offers 1-year warranty
- Does not offer neck support for tall people
Relaxzen Longstreet Rocker Recliner (60-701008M) – Best Recliner For Lower Back Pain
Our Rating: 9.5/10
As the name suggests, Relaxzen specializes in making products that offer therapeutic massages and relaxation, whether in the form of recliners, mats, or cushions. This recliner is just one of its Quality products.
- A single look at this therapeutic recliner can tell you how much comfort it is willing to provide you. Heavily padded everything – from its back to its arms. It all looks so plush!
- The main thing this recliner provides is the vibration massages, targeting 4 zones with the intensity of 5 different levels. How cool is that! Oh, sorry, hot. It also provides slight heat on the lumbar area, and a remote to control all that.
- It actually rocks very well which is a plus, especially when you have a baby.
- Wait, it does not end here. This recliner has two USB ports attached to it for your e Charge your devices with electricity, and charge your body with the energy, after relaxing on this one single recliner.
- “What else could be easily added?” thought the manufacturers. So, they added a pocket on each side and facilitated us in one more way.
- Vibration massages on middle back, lower back, and thighs
- Rocker recliner
- Lumbar support
- Dual USB ports
- 2 side pockets
- Plump arms for extra comfort
- Footrest takes a little effort to get lowered
CANMOV Leather Recliner – Best Lumbar Support Recliner
Our Rating: 9.4/10
CANMOV keenly works on the living-room furniture. It believes that “design can always light up your life”. Having witnessed this recliner, we can certainly tell that this one is so welcoming and pleasing to the eye.
- This CANMOV recliner seems like the epitome of comfort. Its back and seat have overstuffed padding accompanied by round-arched arms, but CANMOV also made sure that this recliner does not lose its class.
- It works manually with the help of a lever. All you need is to pull it to elevate the footrest.
- Its leather upholstery adds to its charm. This polyurethane leather has its benefits as well. Cleaning it is child’s play as any liquid spill does not get absorbed in it.
- This recliner has something that none of the other recliners are said to have – Laminated Veneer Lumber (LVL). It is one of the best and commonly used wood products for construction purposes.
- CAMNOV wants its customers to buy its products without any fear. They offer a free exchange in case of any lost or damaged part, when initially bought, with a warranty of 1 year. Friendly customer service is also its priority.
- Thick padding for ultimate comfort
- Easy to clean
- Constructed with quality woodwork
- Offers 1-year warranty
- It is a manual recliner
Things to consider while buying a recliner for back pain:
Old age comes with its challenges and back pain is inevitable. However, the world is also advancing little by little. To counter back pain, came out the recliners. But like all other things, it needs to be checked for the specific characteristics as well, to determine whether it serves our necessities or not.
The ultimate goal of any recliner for back pain is to provide everlasting comfort. For that to happen, it is necessary that it is upholstered with the kind of material or fabric which feels good, and on which your back can gently rest. The role of dense foam underneath the covering can never be underestimated. The thick padding is what mostly contributes to the comfort factor in any recliner.
Whatever does not fit, can oftentimes do not feel nice. Similarly, if the size of the recliner is not compatible with our own height, then buying it is of no use to us. The back can never rest properly in such a case, making the purchase go in vain. Therefore, it is highly recommended that people always go with the size and style which suits their height and body type.
It is crucial to keep in mind that the recliners with a gap between their seat and the backrest cannot provide lumbar support. The back needs a remedy for its pain and empty space can never be that. In order for the spine to not bend, a recliner with no gap on the back is what needs to be asked for.
What about the manual recliners that come to save us from our back pain, the ones that come with a hidden tagline that says, “It is not much, but it is honest work.”? But what about the power recliners that do actually come with additional features to specifically target the back pain? Like, a mechanism for massage with vibration or a lumbar heating system? If you are the type of person who does not mind spending some extra bucks for more ease, then these additional features are what you need to seek.
There are a variety of recliners in the market for back pain. We chose some of the best ones to show you, and now it is your turn to choose the one best, but also after considering the cost. Almost every recliner built with the same purpose comes with the same service. Quality varies, sometimes a few characteristics vary, and thus, the price varies. Even if you cannot spend much on a recliner and buy the one with fewer features, it is completely okay. At the end of the day, what really matters is how good you are at balancing your expenditures and still managing to buy things of excellence.
Back pain can cost a person a lot. Recliners will still cost less in a long run. It is always good to adopt preventive strategies in matters of health. Recliners benefit, as the back gets fit.